Sunday, March 10, 2013

Mastering Sharing a Bed

Sharing a bed on a regular basis, let alone daily is completely weird to me. Chris and I generally see each other for 2 or 3 overnights a week, but 24/7 is going to be much different. As we get closer and closer to our move in date for our very first shared apartment, things like this creep into my weird detail obsessed mind.

I've always assumed the unspoken rule is that you share the bed half and half. In my mind I've always figured that where the pillows meet is the center, the invisible line. When I sleep in bed with a friend, this is the general rule. Now I know boyfriends are a but different, as there's actual wanting to touch or cuddle (ew) at times, but that still doesn't constitute bed hog-ery.

Chris is so slick at stealing the majority of the queen size bed. He has this knack for sprawling out with his arm going one way, butt going the other. Throw Rudy into the mix and I'm left with half a butt cheek's length to squeeze in to. Right now I'm laying with my left hip smushed on his his butt and my right side balancing precariously on the edge.

So how do I retaliate? I go in for a snuggle and try to roll my way in. I pretend to "sleep move" around and be so smushed onto him that he's forced to move over. Ive tried to poke him in the ribs, but the last time it ended with him elbowing my face in his sleep. There's always the old safety as well, the "pretend to be sleeping" fart. Unfortunately farts = laughter for me so I can't pull this one off very well.

Tonight's technique will involve a roll and push cuddle move. If Chris wakes up and wonders what I'm doing I can always fake sleep. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment