Saturday, March 16, 2013

Dirty Thirty

When it hit me this year that I was turning the big three-oh, I felt like I had to do something big. There were talks of Vegas, then maybe a little time away in a cabin on a lake, or even just a weekend in Milwaukee. As time grew closer and real life settled in around incomplete plans, I realized that the where didn't matter.

What matters is that I'm spending my birthday with a man I am very much in love with, who has turned into my best friend. There was a time that I never thought my best friend could also be the one I'm in love with, that they would always be separate entities. I like how life can really say, "In your face, you were way off on this one."

I wish I could see all of my friends within this 24 hours, but the world doesn't spin around me like I like to wish. Accepting that I am not a priority to others is kind of a punch in the stomach, but also a fair and realistic one. To put it bluntly, no one should have their heads up my ass. It's about being equal, not who can ass kiss the other the most. /end butt talk.

So yeah. I'm thirty. I'm happy, living life my way, and being an adult that stands on her own two feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment